Is Pendrago Legit?
Before making this Pendrago review, we’ve read mixed customer testimonials on independent websites. While some of them claimed that the company did a good job for them, most of the accounts were negative and described things like errors and missed deadlines.
The only weird thing that we found was that Pendrago reviews were really hard to come by. This might suggest that this essay writing company doesn’t get enough clients to get reviews.
Well, we did some mystery shopping from Pendrago. Did they deliver? Find out below.
Writing Services Offered
You won’t find any information about the writing assignments that Pendrago provides help with, even if you visit every page on their website. The Pricing page, however, lists prices for three categories of services:
So, it’s a pretty typical range of services for an essay writing service, but to get more information about what kinds of assignments Pendrago can write, you need to register.
While this is not the first time we’ve seen the mandatory registration requirement, we read many students saying they don’t want to give away their emails and phone numbers in exchange for this. We totally agree, the list of assignments should be freely available.
On top of that, they have the same requirement for customer support. If you’d like to ask them a question, you must provide your email as well.
Yes. Within a week, we got three emails from them, so expect a bit of a spam attack if you sign up.
Pendrago Discount Code and Price
There’s no complete pricing table at Pendrago because the company seems to hide the pricing (spoiler alert: they do so because their prices are higher than in many other services). What we mean by that is that they list only minimal prices for projects with the longest deadlines.
This is a trick that some essay writing companies use to encourage people to buy their services without showing the real prices. According to the Pricing menu item at Pendrago.com, here are their minimal rates:
- Writing: $17.56
- Editing: $11.70
- Proofreading: $9.96.
This means that the only way you have to know the full price of your paper is to go through the order process (instructions, sources, comments, etc.). When we finally provided our instructions, here’s the price that Pendrago charged us.
Almost a hundred dollars for three pages... And the order is not even urgent...
As you can see, they charge almost $32 per page of a typical academic assignment with the 6-day deadline. This is definitely higher than in the vast majority of essay writing services we’ve reviewed until this point. Now we totally understand why Pendrago hides its prices.
🔥 Hot Deals From Top Rated Writing Services
As for Pendrago discount code, there’s a loyalty program based on how many pages a customer buys from them: 5, 10, and 15 percent off. However, they don’t mention anything about the exact number of pages that customers must order to get these discounts.
Another disappointing finding in this Pendrago review was that first-time customers will have to pay the full price because there are no discount or coupon code for them.
Pendrago Paper Quality Review
Despite the high price and all the hype, we were disappointed with the article critique Pendrago delivered. We asked the writer to review a peer-reviewed article we provided https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5394731/, and he was supposed to limit the critique to 3 pages.
Here’s why we were disappointed:
- The paper had 3.5 pages (the writer exceeded the word count, which means a revision)
- The writer used two more sources even though we’ve stated that no other references should have been made
- The quality of the review was poor. Instead of evaluating the article, the writer simply re-stated the claims from it, so there was absolutely no analysis whatsoever. This is definitely the most serious problem with the paper that would have probably resulted in a C
- There was a couple of silly misspellings and grammar mistakes.
- There weren’t any in-text citations.
Okay, definitely the writer who wrote this paper was unprofessional because it seems like he’s never done article reviews before. Disappointing.
Customer Support Review
If you want to chat with customer support at Pendrago, you might see something like this.
Yes, we had to wait almost every time we needed to talk with them. The weirdest thing, though, was the fact that there WAS a customer support agent connected to our conversation, but for some reason he or she asked us to wait. We don’t know what’s going on there but it definitely seems like there’s a person taking all customers inquiries and telling them to wait so Pendrago doesn’t lose leads.
Conclusion of Pendrago Review
Based on this Pendrago review, there’s no way we can recommend this essay writing service. There’s simply too many problems, but the most serious one is they deliver poor quality writing.
Here’s our summary:
- The prices are too high. We paid almost $100 for three pages (with no possibility to get a discount), which took them 6 days to deliver
- The article critique they wrote was quite poor. There’s no analysis whatsoever, only an overinflated summary of the article.
- The writer exceeded the page count and wrote 3.5 pages instead of 3
- We found a few mistakes: misspellings, etc.
- There are no discounts for first-time customers
- Customer support is slow and customers have to wait at least 15 minutes to get an answer on live chat.